Cant boot into windows 8 after resizing primary drive.
I recently brought a sony vaio s laptop with windows 8 pro 64-bit preinstalled.
Since the hard drive was in a single partition, i split the hard drive into two partitions using "shrink volume" tool in disk management but still my c drive
was about 350 gb.
so i used easeus partition master home edition to resize my C drive to about 100 gb.
but after the resize, i am not able to boot into windows 8.
while booting it asks me for my language and keyboard layout preference and takes me to the screen where there are options to restore and refresh the computer but all options asks for installation media.
i used the command prompt and found out that my partition and data are all there.
also the image partitions created by sony are also there but i cannot verify since these partitions were not assigned a drive letter.
i assume it is only a problem with my boot loader since the data is all there.
what can i do now?
i dont have an installation media for win 8 or a backup image.
Keys to the Problem Cant boot into windows 8 after resizing primary drive.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Cant boot into windows 8 after resizing primary drive.
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Cant boot into windows 8 after resizing primary drive.:
How to Fix Cant boot into windows 8 after resizing primary drive. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Cannot display online pdf files in IE8 Windows 7 asus com How do I run program written for Windows 95 asus support Intermittent connection issues with Windows 7 using Airport wireless router www asus com Problems with Windows Store and other apps Verification Code Email Password asus motherboard drivers Start Menu Windows Explorer has Stopped Working asus driver Windows 7 Ultimate computer seems to stop HD head seeking chkdsk no error asus motherboard drivers Windows Programs crash upon opening asus driver download If you are a common consumer of Microsoft Windows OS and your computer is running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you may have been annoyed by the Get Windows 10 nagware/scumware/malware. Now the nagware will annoy more people. Recently Microsoft again has changed the rules of the get Windows 10 for free. It announced that some business PCs running the professional editions of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 would soon begin seeing the get Windows 10 notifications pop up to ask users to update to the newest Windows 10.,Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Has Delay In Opening Folders,Is It Possible To Enable 4gb On 32 Bit?,Which Programs Can I Uninstall To Reclaim Space,Windows 7 Slow Shutdown And Auto Restart,Epson Stylus 5500
Read More: Troubleshooting:my laptop won't start. it says \"windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.\" i've tried launch startup repair and it doesn't work.,Troubleshooter of Error: Email causes shut down help,Fast Solution to Problem: Windows explorer is restarting everytime i open control panel,Fast Solution to Problem: how to uninstall the software which shows crashed id?,STARTUP ERROR MESSAGE!,Language pack Windows 7,Trying to do a 2 axis chart,W7U-64 not allowing System Restore Points - Event 8193 VSS, Error 0x80042306,ie:can not connect to server. si could be disconnected