Thursday, March 31, 2016

After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels? [Anwsered]

After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?

I have successfully changed the format of the date from (mm/dd/yy) to (Wednesday, September 19, 2012) in Excel!  My goal is to do a mail merge and print out labels with dates on each label.  However, when I finish the mail merge process, I noticed that
dates on the labels in Word are in their original format (mm/dd/yy).  How do I keep the format that I need during the mail merge process?

Keys to the Problem After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Open the merge document (the document with the mailmerge fields) in Word.
Right-click the date field in the first label.
Select Toggle Field Codes from the context menu.
You'll see something like MERGEFIELD BirthDate or MERGEFIELD BirthDate \* MERGEFORMAT where BirthDate is the name of the date field.
Make it look like this: MERGEFIELD BirthDate \@ "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy"
Press F9 to hide the field code.
Click Update Labels in the Write & Insert Fields group of the Mailings tab of the ribbon, in order to update the rest of the labels.

Windows Error Reporting - To Fix After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?

  1. Go to Start button.
  2. Open Control Panel.
  3. Go to Windows Error Reporting.
  4. Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
  5. Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
  6. Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
  7. Next, click the Advanced settings link.
  8. Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels?:

How to Fix After I change the format of the date, how do I keep that format during a mail merge onto labels? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: How to Fix - 64g ssd with a 500g regular drive?,Allow Unhide Rows in Protected Workbook [Solved],[Solved] Get in Excel 2007 data from Access 2007 out of self-built Queries,[Solution] How can I temporarily disable 'service manager' to install Adobe flashplayer?,[Anwsered] When I try to watch a flash video, I am told occasionally that I don't have Adobe Flash.,Solution to Error: Black screen during boot sequence,[Solved] Can't restore Windows 7 64-bit from external hard drive,How to Fix - IE 11 Enhance Protect Mode reset issue with add-on's?,Solution to Error: Internet Explorer 9 update/install error - Error Code 80092004,Upgrading to IE 8 causes cookies to get deleted when starting IE [Anwsered],Solution to Problem: All programs try to start from windows component
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Fix Problem - adobe flashplayer__not able to install in windows 7 64bit?,Troubleshoot:After a Windows 8 Update, my system is stuck in system restore and a blank screen. Error,Solution to Error: After closing a program, Windows 7 screen goes blank,Troubleshooting:Add-ons disabled on IE9, Win7, cannot enable,Troubleshoot:Adobe Reader states \"Acro32 is incompatible\",a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded

No comments:

Post a Comment