3.45gb out of 4gb usable RAM in Windows 8.1 64 bit
I have a laptop that came with 4.00 gb of RAM installed running 64 bit Windows 8 (upgraded to 8.1), though when I look under System Information in the control panel, it says that I have 4.00 GB of RAM installed but only 3.45 GB are usable, is there anything
that could be taking up the extra half gb of RAM, and can I disable it to get the max 4gb that the laptop came installed with? The problem persisted through both Windows 8 and 8.1.
Here's what the control panel says:
Keys to the Problem 3.45gb out of 4gb usable RAM in Windows 8.1 64 bit
The "missing" 512 is probably being used as shared memory by the video card and is perfectly normal. Not worth worrying about.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 3.45gb out of 4gb usable RAM in Windows 8.1 64 bit:
How to Fix 3.45gb out of 4gb usable RAM in Windows 8.1 64 bit with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: How to Resolve - 10055 system error(setsockopt)appears after windows update in odin diet at log in?,How to Fix Error - 64-bit Publisher 2010 - Publisher failed to start correctly last time.?,Fast Solution to Error: 3.46gb ram usable but 8gb installed,How to Fix - 646 Error code when updating Vista Home for my Office Home and Student 2007 for KB976321.?,How Can I Fix - 4 minute delay in replying to, forwarding or compossing Hotmail or Outlook O.W.A., and browser freezes during this period.?,2 pages in a sheet, is it possible to print the first page portrait and the second page landscape?,2010 Mail Merge,3/4 of mt RAM is recognized but If only uses half of it how do i get my desktop to use all of my ram,6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 BlueScreen Error Code: BCCode: 50,7 ultimate. no portugues/spansih dictionary for word docs etc?