Friday, March 4, 2016

Troubleshoot:Windows Update and THIS SITE ITSELF HAS A GLITCH Error

Windows Update and THIS SITE ITSELF HAS A GLITCH

OK, I just posted my other question about the Task Manager......I then wanted to provide more information, so I edited.....when I did, on this window which I am presently typing on- would scroll...............BUT, the main page in the background WOOULD NOT,
so it would scroll all the way down but not to the point where you could hit submit.
It just never went further than Windows Topics, and not far enough to where you could click submit.
Does this only happen when you try to edit? Something is up here......hello
Microsoft.

The other info I wanted to privide is this: Toshiba 505 Satellite, 2GB.....IE9......I have some utility programs: Tune-Up Utilities (works beautifully) and Advanced System Care free (the first is paid).....They BOTH have repair wizards in them.........i.e.
Tune Up Utilties has a repair check off "Windows Installer is not working" and "Windows Update" not working.............same with Advanced Systemk Care (I have yet to write them both).......anyway, you check these boxes, it says "FIXED" you restart, but Windows
Update still doesnt work.
I am missing about 17, some of which are critical, I ran the Microsoft Windows Update Fix-It, it said it couldnt find anything.
I ran every conceivable scan, researched this all over- tried all the suggestions, and no matter what
I do (Oh, there is no software blocking downloads.....or updates...it worked before and then just stopped)......all the required services are turned on.
I also get a lot of Windows Integrator pop ups- checked that out and find nothing.....
here is what I get when i go to Windows Updates: A window the red shield and red bar....when I click on "check for updates" I get a pop-up that says "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running, you may need to restart
your computer".....which doesnt work either..........and the services are on and started.
Nothing works.
Oh, and whether setting updates to manual or auto, same results, nothing......
How do I KNOW I have 17 missing updates?? Thank God for Belarc, which completely lists everything in (or not in) my pc.
Also did a complete factory reinstall, everything worked fine and then this again....and the Task Bar issue.
One of my theories is that
the rescue partition is corrupted, but that's nigh impossible.....I have HiJack This (nothing wrong) ComboFix (same)....ran system file checker, everything I know.
I am BAFFLED as ****.
Thank you *(One other theory is that one of those missing updates prevented
all the others, OR, because it was a critical security update, something got in......but all scans show nothing,,,,,,,,,disc check is ok,,,I dont get this.)

Solutions to the Problem Windows Update and THIS SITE ITSELF HAS A GLITCH

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

No, I didn't say my friend suggested any utilties, but had theory on Microsoft's changing drivers for updates or something like that.
 
I dont know why everyone dislikes most of these utilities........I am not their salesman, but they work just beautifully, dont interfere with each other, dont bother Microsoft re: compatibility, and are not causing this Update issue.( I know there is a lot
of bad stuff out there, but I check it thoroughly (reviews, save and scan the download).
 
About the remote: The person on the other end has absolutely no security issues.
This can work just by my activating on my end (or I think so)...even if the other person DOES have to install TeamViewer7, it's totally secure and the only way for you to know
that is to examine it or try it.
 
You seem slightly offended by my not taking up all these suggestions.
As I explained, I have tried ALL of this (the SuperAnti-Spyware, e.g.) all the things suggested.
So it's not that I DONT APPRECIATE the answers, but all that has been done and I am back
to square one.
I appreciate ANY answers here and people trying to help..........
 
Finally, it's everyone's individual choice as to what software they download and how they download it.
Everything I have is secure, safe, compatible.........and has tweaked my PC way beyond my expectations.
And Malwarebytes for example is terrific....it
can check itself internally............Sooooooooo.........these are not the issue,
 
and again thanks for your response, but no answer from anyone here or anywhere else has worked.....and THAT my friend, is VERY unusual.
 
*What do you think of my theory that when doing a factory reinstall, the rescue partition is corrupted or missing files.....despite Toshiba's defense.?

Not offended.  It's your computer.  You came and asked.
The reason the people in the forums don't like some of the utilities mentioned is because the people in these forums, the ones you are asking for help, have seen them do more damage than good - especially in the hands of people who are not abe to do most
of what these utiities CLAIM to do manually.
How do you know those utilities are not causing the update issue?  I thought you were not computer saavy?
I use TeamViewer daily.
I know how it works.
You can install a full version, host only or run a Quick Connect application and someone with the full version (installed or running as a portable application) can connect to you based of a 9 digit ID and password
(either one it comes up with or one you come up with) I wouldn't say it was totally secure (again - using those definites when you already said you don't know all that much about computers) but it is fairly secure.
Perform the restore, manually update to SP1 (download (save) the full installer for SP1, reboot and then - logged in as an administrator - right-click on it and choose to run as administrator.  Let it install.  Reboot at least twice after it is done and
has rebooted all on its own with 5 minutes or more in-between reboots) if you need to do that (your restore may or may not include SP1) and then see if you get other updates through the Automatic Updates systems (using it manually of course.)
If you don't trust the files on the drive (they can be infected, infested and they can be corrupt through mechanical means as well - like a dying hard drive) then ask Toshiba for a set of recovery media (DVDs.)  They should be able to provide you with that. 
(See the Toshiba section here:
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/lost-your-windows-discs-how-to-get-replacement-media-legally/4320?pg=4)
Or you could download an ISO image for Windows 7 (whatever version you have the CoA for) and install using your CoA provided Product Key (sticker on your computer.)  Then you could perform a clean install that way.
However, the recommended ways are first the manufacturer provided method (unfortunately, for many it is the hard drive image thing) and then requesting new media from said manufacturer (you'd need this if the hard drive died anyway, eh?) and then - if nothing
else - the ISO method I mentioned.
You may want to find out what type of hard drive you have in the system (manufacturer) and download the diagnostic utility from that manufacturer's web site and use it to test the drive.

Cleaning your computer, components, and peripherals help keep everything in good working condition and helps prevent germs from spreading. You can't image how dirty the inside of your computer case can get. All the dust and dirt is going to prevent proper air flow and may even prevent the fan from working.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Windows Update and THIS SITE ITSELF HAS A GLITCH:

 

 

How to Fix Windows Update and THIS SITE ITSELF HAS A GLITCH with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: Store not opening in Windows 8 1 pro the procedure entry point prop mgr client lookup pro could not be located bin link dynamic link library OLEACC dll System Restore did not complete sucessfully error code 0x80070057 the ordinal 3 could not be located in the dynamic link library wnaspi32 dll the following formula does not work in excel 97 2003 COUNTIFS Activity G3 G80 61 Activity G3 G80 90 please help The display format of my web browser will not show images tooolbar at top on my computer explorer or any other explorer except on IE is not visible and Winows dosent run in safe mode at all When ever i try to install itunes 64 bit my computer says The windows installer service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode UNABLE TO ACCESS THE IE8 HOME PAGE AS AND WHEN I TRY OPENING IT I GET THE MESSAGE NOT RESPONDING PLEASE HELP User having sudden java issue in IE 6 on web site that has previously worked and that has not changed Unable to set the current location for the recovery image The recovery image cannot be written Error Code 0x80004005 Used to be able to send pictures on Outlook Express 6 0 Now my friends cannot open the files I send to them Website amantexintel com will not display in Internet Explorer 8 why System not working properly after uninstalling pc cleaner 2013 program Wheel spinning and Not Responding Unable to ping a website in command prompt with an error message ping is not recognized as an internal or external command,After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 my internet connection speed has dropped considerably sony vaio drivers Error Code 0x81000006 cannot find backup device in Windows 7 computer sony drivers Is there an option for Windows 7 to shut down automatically after installing updates VAIO Driver Download Resetting Windows 8 did not install a clean copy of windows Your PC ran into a trouble sony drivers Starting display problem Your computer did not shut down properly Windows is collecting information sony drivers Windows 8 1 Low Memory Frequent Warnings sony drivers Windows 7 with 64 bit OS ignores most formatting CSS commands sony dvd drivers Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver DOWNLOAD
Read More: Solution to Error: Windows Mail Missing Folders 01,Control over the task bar.,Double Clicking on Pivot Data,Error activating ICS on vista home basic. Error: 0x800702FD,Control which window changes focus to target of hyperlink?,I need to create a formula that will generate a random alphanumeric output always 7 characters,Does shutting down my laptop affects the backend upgradation process from Win 8 to Win 8.1?

No comments:

Post a Comment