Cannot access anything in control panel and cannot install Microsoft security essentials error 0x008004ff56.
Original title : I can't access anything in the control panel
I can't access anything in the control panel-"cannot find windows\system32\rundll.exe" but the file is in that directory. Also every program I open prompts me to choose a program to open it.
I had to use internet explorer to open internet explorer-that one worked.
I tried MSEinstall.exe -as was suggested in another post with a similar issue- and got an error code 0x008004ff56 and a link for a required package I apparently needed- I downloaded the required package, restarted, tried to install mseinstall.exe again and
I got the same error message.
I just inherited this laptop from a friend so I don't have the windows XP disc.
Any way I can fix this issue on-line?
Keys to the Problem Cannot access anything in control panel and cannot install Microsoft security essentials error 0x008004ff56.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Cannot access anything in control panel and cannot install Microsoft security essentials error 0x008004ff56.
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Cannot access anything in control panel and cannot install Microsoft security essentials error 0x008004ff56.:
How to Fix Cannot access anything in control panel and cannot install Microsoft security essentials error 0x008004ff56. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: 50% Of The Times I Am In A MS Word, Or In An Email, And I Press Enter To Go To The Next Line To Continue Writing, Windows Mobility Center" Screen Shows Up.,Adobe Flash Player For Window 7,After Last Updates My Microsoft Word Starter 2010 Won't Work,Automatically Deleting Blank Characters Before Text In Line,Administrative Tools In Control Panel Is Blank. What Can I Do To Restore It?,Windows Backup And Restore Keep Popping Up,MS Word Starter, Omission Of Character,If I Use Two Or More Registry Cleaner. Does It Creat Any Problem To My Computer?,Screen Shot? - How To Take A Screen Shot,Parental Controls Not Working
Read More: Solution to Problem: What is the best Hex Editor software?,Why does windows installer open each time I start Outlook Express? [Solved],Delete a Skype account? Tech Support,Fast Solution to Error: Where in Word 2007 is the command to show on the document the directory location that the document is electronically stored?,Troubleshooting:iam using windows7 starter, y i dont have the option for changing my desktop background,My troubleshooter keeps telling me it has an error and stops working.,several programs in the control panel wont allow me to access them, i dont think it's a virus. windows 7,How do I edit data in an embedded Excel object in a Word form document?,Message pops when I start FSX with an error code, stating that it was not possible to activate the product. Shuts down after 30 minutes of gameplay. HELP!,Excel Doc. won't launch in separate window