800706BF Will not let me get updates. Vista SP1
Remember - This is a public forum so never post private information such as email or phone numbers!
Programs you are having problems with Error messages Recent changes you made to your computer What you have already tried to fix the problem
Keys to the Problem 800706BF Will not let me get updates. Vista SP1
· Did you make any software or hardware changes on your machine prior to this issue?
· When exactly do you get this error code? Is it while downloading or installing the update?
· Do you get any error message along with the error code?
Let’s follow these methods & check if it helps.
You may download & run the System Update Readiness Tool and check if the issue persists.
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
You may also run the Microsoft ‘Fix-it’ tool from this link.
Thereafter, check if you are able to install updates.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
Hope the information helps.
Please post back and let us know.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 800706BF Will not let me get updates. Vista SP1:
How to Fix 800706BF Will not let me get updates. Vista SP1 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Error: Action required to deal with Bluescreen Error in Windows 7 (64bit)?,How to Fix Problem - active directory making all usb drives read-only?,How to Fix Problem - A folder containing most of my favourite urls has disappeared from my favourites, how can i get it back??,Fast Solution to Problem: A lot of Blue Screen Errors,How to Fix Problem - A message when macros disabled??,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up