Why is my computer using so many disks to backup?
My computer does a weekly backup.
It usually takes only 1 disk.
Today I am on disk 14 so far! How do I stop it and why is it doing this??
Solutions to the Problem Why is my computer using so many disks to backup?
What are you trying to backup?
Have you checked the total size of the files that you are trying to backup?
Are you using any third party application to backup the files?
Check if the backup process is duplicating the files.
Refer this article:
Back up and restore: frequently asked questions
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Why is my computer using so many disks to backup?:
How to Fix Why is my computer using so many disks to backup? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How To Restore Office 2007 With My Product Key After Updating From Vista To Windows 7,Windows 7 Backup Error Code 0X8100002F,Issue With Network Connection Getting Disconnected Randomly And Receive Error Message "DNS Server Is Not Responding".,Hotmail Sign In Says"password Incorrect" But It Is Correct,Classpnp.sys Issue - Need Recovery/reinstallation Disk,Windows 7 Does Not Load, Have To Restart Explorer.exe,Making Database Report With Three Databases. I Have Done This Before But It Was In 2005.,After Upgrading To Internet Explorer 9, Now Using Internet Explorer 8 My History Shows Sites I Didn't Access And Have Random Add-ons Installed,How Do I Know The Aero Effect Is Working In Vista,I Copy And Paste From Facebook Messages And Want To Make A Diary Which Program Would Be The Best Solution.
Read More: [Solution] Can Windows 7 speech recognition recognize and di,When I click a link on various websites, some of the website,[Anwsered] Jeg for **** meddelesen, Micr. explorer er ophør,Troubleshooter of Error: right click the blank space of desktop,menu popup very slow,,How to unlock a Word 2010 form using Word 2007,how to fix runtime error(at 210:1138),waiting for background programs to close,marvell avistar wireless composite device adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems,Help with password protected file