Windows 7 - Cannot open .exe files
Hey there forum.
So today i encountered this problem.
I started my laptop, as always, and a new Firefox update was prompted from the browser.
I let it download and after restarting Firefox an error occurred that had never happened before.
The update could
I thought it was the browser's fault so I decided to download another, Maxthon this time.
I double-clicked the .exe file and it did nothing.
I am the only user on my laptop (admin) and I dont understand what's the problem.
I have already tried
all the fixing registry files, and 2 fix it now programs from Microsoft.
Nothing resolved the issue so I thought I should make a System Restore to 3 days ago where everything was working fine, but again with no result.
Help me please, I really don't know what's
I have already run a quick scan with MSE and as I am typing I am running a full scan just in case.
PS: Another .exe I tried was giving me the error "windows cannot access the specified device path or file, you may not have permission" (or something
like it ) .
Keys to the Problem Windows 7 - Cannot open .exe files
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Windows 7 - Cannot open .exe files:
How to Fix Windows 7 - Cannot open .exe files with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: Action Center On My Computer Stopped Working About A Week Ago. It Won't Open.,"Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adaptor Is Experiencing Driver Or Hardware-related Problems" How Do I Fix This?,4 Questions On Restore Files And Recover System,Allowings One Person To Access A MS Access Database At A Time,Arrow Cursor On Desktop Screen,0 Is Showing As A Result Of Formula,Win 7 Backup And Restore Program Content Question,Windows 7 Will Only Start In Safe Mode!,Windows Was Unable To Create A Required Instillation Folder Error 0x80070005,Presentation Mode Is Always On When I Turn On My Computer. My Desktop Icons Are Gone And The Computer Seems To Run Slower.,Title Of Saved File,How Can I Change My E-mail From Windows Live Mail To Yahoo Mail? Whenever I Try And Send Something In Windows Mail It Tells Me It's The Wrong Server.,How To Merge/delete Networks In Windows 8/8.1 ? The Option Is Missing Here.,When I Use Hibernate Mode For More Than 2 Days I Can't Load Windows 7 Home Premium,Display Driver Has Stopped Working And Has Recovered Error
Read More: How to Fix - Finding List of Dates that occur on Saturdays & Sundays??,[Solved] "Back" tab in Internet Explorer,Solution to Error: Unable to connect to the website when clicking on link in an email,[Anwsered] KB979683 WU installs OK but keeps offering it again over and over,Solution to Error: How to I locate and pin an icon to the desktop,Pc does not meet security requirements when trying to connect the computer remotely,IE 11 options under Security -- Internet Zone is locked,matlab 2007 windows 7 incompatibility,Windows 7 compatibility not working,homegroup setup fails