Downloaded pdf files from the email opens with Windows media center
Original Title: Can't open PDF file w/Windows 7
Have new computer w/windows 7 and internet exployer and I receive emails and stuff in PDF.
Downloads OK but can't seem to open, keep sending me to Windows Media Center.
I can see file in documents, click file, and then right to Windows media center. Any
answers to this problem, please keep answers simple, I'm an old gezzer. LOL
Keys to the Problem Downloaded pdf files from the email opens with Windows media center
Hi Tom the builder,
Does this issue happens only with the pdf files that you’ve downloaded from your email or it also happens with the existing pdf files on your computer?
It seems like the file association is missing.
I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.
Steps to open PDF file by choosing Adobe reader as the program to open with
a. Download and save the .pdf file.
b. Right click on the saved file.
c. Select: Open With from the pop-up menu.
d. Click: Choose [default] Program.
e. Select: Adobe Reader (or the .pdf reader you use)
f. Check: Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
g. Click OK.
You can also visit the link below to know more about setting program defaults and file associations.
Change which programs Windows uses by default
Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Downloaded pdf files from the email opens with Windows media center has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Downloaded pdf files from the email opens with Windows media center:
How to Fix Downloaded pdf files from the email opens with Windows media center with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 220.127.116.1128,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.18.104.22.16833,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.22.214.171.12447,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: How Can You Fix - Do you have help for first time office user??,How Can You Fix - Drag and Drop in Word (W7) does not work?,How Can You Fix - Does anyone know how to show the \"caps\" status on page??,How Can I Fix - Disk read error after reinstalling xp?,How to Fix Problem - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered?,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)