Friday, September 23, 2016

Troubleshoot:Create a Recovery Partition on Toshiba NB 205 No Optical CD drive

Create a Recovery Partition on Toshiba NB 205 No Optical CD drive

I recently fixed my wife's Toshiba NB 205.
It has been sitting in our closet for 2 years and I finally had the time to play with it.
I removed the hard drive and installed it into a hard drive reader and found the virus that was on it and got rid of it.
I jumped the BIOS on her devise then installed the hard drive and booted from recovery partition that was created by whom ever loaded the hard drive.
I am assuming Toshiba or Microsoft.
The devise loaded fine and to my wife's amazement she now has her mini laptop back.
She was ready to toss this devise .
She had called Toshiba and they said $175.00 and they would fix it.
I said might as well buy a new mini.
Anyways , I love doing stuff like this.
Taking something that would otherwise wind up in the trash and repairing it.
I asked my wife for a $100 seemed fair to me , but she gave me that look that said don't even go there boy.

So she has her mini back , but I cant shake the feeling that at any minute she is going to look up from her online shopping spree and say Honney it happened again .
Its not working.

I want to create a recovery partition like the one that was on it before I did the reboot.
The reboot from recovery partition erases everything and there is only the one drive running the devise.
Makes me feel very anxious.

I went to Microsoft support page and started reading about how to create hard drive partition  and it says to create a system image to a disc.
Well the NB 205 doesn't have a disc drive.
I do have a disk drive reader but I was wondering if it is possible to do directly from the existing drive.

Cant I just create a partition drive and then copy the existing drive to it???
And if this is possible how do I do it.??

I followed the directions to do this on support page , but when I type back up and recovery create a system image doesn't appear.
I also typed in create a  system image and nothing appears.

So not sure where to go from here.

I want to create a restore partition then I will copy the entire hard drive to another drive I have. 

One more thing when I hooked my hard drive reader to the NB 205 it said the hard drive I was using in it to copy system needed to be formatted before I could use it???? what's up with that???

Thanks Steve

Running Windows 7 on NB 205

Anwsers to the Problem Create a Recovery Partition on Toshiba NB 205 No Optical CD drive

Download Error Fixer (Free)

In trying to separate the wheat from the chaff in your lengthy post I assume you want to know how to protect your wife's machine against a future breakdown.
You could do this:

Connect an external USB disk to her machine.Store an image of her system drive on that disk.
It's done via the Control Panel / Backup and Restore.Burn a Windows Repair CD on some machine with a CD burner.Create a
Windows Repair flash disk from this CD.To restore the image, use this flash disk to boot the machine into Windows Repair Mode.
Storing an image on the internal disk (or creating a recovery partition) is almost useless because it gives you no protection against a disk crash or corruption of the partition table.

To check for Windows updates. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer. If any updates are found, click Install updates.

Install the latest updates for Windows and for the program displaying the error. Note that the update for the program might be listed as an optional update on the Windows Update page.

Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Create a Recovery Partition on Toshiba NB 205 No Optical CD drive:

How to Fix Create a Recovery Partition on Toshiba NB 205 No Optical CD drive with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.


Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.8.17.12.6686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.11.6.0.1030,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.9.3.0.1019,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.9.1.1.1015,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Counting a range of cells [Solved],Fast Solution to Error: CPU freezes while shutting down,How to Resolve - Create Image of d: via scheduled task?,How to Fix - Count the number invoices which consists any of the given products?,Troubleshoot:Ctrl 'D' command on multiple different cells in one go Error,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly

No comments:

Post a Comment