Computer shuts down in a few minutes after I am finished with any activity on the screen
My computer shuts down in just a few minutes after I am through doing any thing on the screen, playing a game, reading mail, serfing the web, anything that I am doing; the computer stays on.
But as soon as I leave any activity using the monitor
the computer shuts down.
I have "never" checked in power options too.
I want the computer to stay on even if there is no activity on the monitor.
I am running Vista on a Gateway desk top computer.
Keys to the Problem Computer shuts down in a few minutes after I am finished with any activity on the screen
· Which “Never” option is you referring to?
I would suggest you disable sleep and let the CPU never turn off.
For more information, refer this link:
Turn off a computer: frequently asked questions
I would also suggest you update graphics card from the manufacturer's website.
Update drivers: recommended links
Hope this helps
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Computer shuts down in a few minutes after I am finished with any activity on the screen:
How to Fix Computer shuts down in a few minutes after I am finished with any activity on the screen with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Best Way to Download Satellite L645-SP4004M WinDVD BD for Toshiba v.10.0.6.110 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5057 Wireless LAN Driver v.220.127.116.118.0,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L650-BT2N22 Web Camera Application v.18.104.22.168 driver,How Can You Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7220GR Value Added Package v.1.6.0130.640204 driver,Download Toshiba Satellite Pro L750-SP5176FM Sleep Utility v.1.4.0025.000101 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.22.214.171.12486,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.126.96.36.1990,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.188.8.131.529,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.184.108.40.2065,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: Computer is making a random bing sound and the word \"cut\" flashes in the lower right-hand corner, also issues play the phot slideshow.,Troubleshoot:Conditional Formatting: \"Format values where this formula is true\" - How do I ensure that the formula fills down?,Tech Support: Conditional IF Statements,Troubleshooting:Computer restarts after installing Windows Updates without prompting first,conditional formatting certain text string Tech Support,Can't change homegroup sharing permission,Can't connect XP shared printer to Win7 except as a local printer.__,Can You Connect the LAN Adapter for Wii On your Windows 7 Laptop?,Can These Files Be Deleted,Can’t install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition error 1722