All my icons have changed and my programs don't show on the Start Button
All my icons have changed and my programs dont show on the start buttonessing.
Original title: programs dont show
Solutions to the Problem All my icons have changed and my programs don't show on the Start Button
Thank you for asking question in Microsoft Community.
I will give my best to help you.
For better understanding of the issue, answer the following questions.
Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
You may perform the methods suggested below and check if they help you fix the issue.
Step 1: Check the functionality Safe mode.
If it works fine in safe mode, try performing a clean boot using step 2.
Step 2: Perform clean boot.
NOTE: After you check the functionality in clean boot configure Windows to use Normal startup using the step 7 suggested in the above mentioned link.
Method 2: Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) and check if it helps.
Follow the steps form the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Method 3: Perform system restore.
Restore the computer to the date when it was working fine:
NOTE: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed are removed.
If the issue still persists, or if you want more help reply us we are happy to help you.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: All my icons have changed and my programs don't show on the Start Button:
How to Fix All my icons have changed and my programs don't show on the Start Button with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,All excell wworksheats come up as "read only" I can not unlock them and I did not try to lock them. Help, please.,All emails disappeared from Outlook 2013,All desktop icons are showing as Windows Media Player,All icons show Adobe Reader