Anyway to get Name Manager to "ignore" the sheet names?
In my workbook I have multiple sheets that have the same format.
I'd like to be able to add a named element of "AverageCalc" and have it do this calculation in EVERY sheet:
However, when I add that to Name Manager it assumes I only want it in the sheet I'm currently in and it changes the name to:
(The sheet is called "200812" by the way)
I want to be able to fill this down and across as well.
Can it be done? Thanks in advance! :)
Anwsers to the Problem Anyway to get Name Manager to "ignore" the sheet names?
Select cell C2 on any worksheet.
Define name ColA as =!A2
Define name ColB as =!B2
Define your formula as:
Now use =Formula next to any two columns you need the devision for.
HOWEVER, there is an important drawback!!!
Be aware that if any VBA action causes a recalc, all cells using the formula
will fetch the data from the ACTIVE worksheet and all results on the other
sheets WILL BE WRONG.
So after running any macro, hit control+alt+F9 to update your calculations
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Anyway to get Name Manager to "ignore" the sheet names?:
How to Fix Anyway to get Name Manager to "ignore" the sheet names? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Anyone having trouble opening yahoo mail through IE8??,How to Resolve - Alphanumeric Page Numbers In Word?,Anyone have mytechgurus work on their computer?,Troubleshooting:Appcrash when closing IE tabs Error,Troubleshooting:Annoying window that pops up every 2 minutes since I installed a router. Error,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open