I've used AVG anti-virus for several years. When I renewed this January with AVG 2012, I began having problems with my computer slowing down during general use, especially online. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and usually run Firefox 10. When I installed
AVG 2012, I got a warning while installing that I needed to update Firefox to 3.0 or better. I already had Firefox 10 running. When I remove AVG, my computer runs fine. When I reinstall it, Firefox hangs, I get unresponsive script messages and can't close
any tabs. I have to restart Firefox. I've contacted AVG on this and I also used their Tech Buddy service. The tech did not reinstall AVG. I reinstalled last night and immediately had problems. I don't think AVG 2012 is compatible. Any ideas?
Anwsers to the Problem AVG Anti-Virus
If there's an incompatibility, it's not on most systems. I have 3 systems at home running both with no problems. One's a new Toshiba laptop and two are home built desktops I built a couple of years ago. That doesn't mean there's not some problem under
certain conditions of course, but it certainly isn't occuring on any of my home computers.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: AVG Anti-Virus:
How to Fix AVG Anti-Virus with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: [Anwsered] Avg Turned off my Autorun\/Autoplay,[Solved] auto bold keyword reviewing tool in word 2010,How to Fix Error - Auto spell check stops working after document grows to a certain number of words.?,How Can You Fix - Backup in Windows 7 stalls at 58% making no progress?,Fast Solution to Error: at start up installs thousands of updates,then launches start up repair,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?