Wednesday, February 24, 2016

[Anwsered] During aborted Win installation Windows came to be partially installed in TWO partitions. Can't delete the failed one.

During aborted Win installation Windows came to be partially installed in TWO partitions. Can't delete the failed one.

My PC originally came as a Vista 64bit machine.  I made back-ups of the OEM OS.  This year I upgraded to Win 7 64bit Pro.  A couple weeks ago input devices would freeze.  Waiting didn't work, ctrl alt del didn't work.  emergency shut off was used.  I kept
getting blue screens even with numerous recovery measures including turning back sys to before recent updates.  So I decided to use the original recovery disks to re-install my original Vista 64 system.  During recovery installation however another BLUEscreen
occurred. 
[ side note:   BY the way...
I checked the disk for errors of all types using a utility and everything passed.  So did the motherboard and CPU and chipset using a utility.  This is why i assumed it must be a system file damaged.  Just in case it was a USB
hub failure I also switched to non-wireless keyboard and mouse but still had SAME issue!...  therefore i assumed a system file must be damaged.
]
Since my re-install failed three times I decided to use my upgrade Win7 64bit pro original disk again and simply re-install my upgrade instead of the Vista recovery.
During my original Win7 upgrade I had partitioned my single hard-drive into two fairly equal sized partitions.  C:\ was for my programs and D:\ was strictly for personal files and folders, music etc.   The original installation had created it's OWN partition
for recovery purposes which was additionally ON the single drive.
The Win7 64 installation went smoothly and there were /are apparently NO PROBLEMS with the install.  HOWEVER!!!....  apparently it RENAMED my D:\ partition and installed on that drive keeping it along with all my files.  (even though I CHOSE the option to
FORMAT C:\ with a CLEAN install....)   AND there is the original Windows on what is NOW DRIVE E:\ along with a lot of System and program files that I cannot DELETE because of permissions I can't change.   There is also a small partition now of 99 megs which
is apparently MOSTLY empty...
(what is there is invisible to me) that small empty partition is NOW called D:\
I want to DELETE the extra WINDOWS directory and all the old programs (which must all be reinstalled anyway.)  I am disallowed to delete anything if it contains a shared DLL of course since I can't seem to change permissions on the old system files.
I assume if I could get into a command prompt BEFORE going into windows I might be able to do it.   But I can't recall the commands or the way to open JUST a command prompt before windows starts loading.   Maybe f8? would give me an option...
but it doesn't
seem to.
Can anyone help...

Solutions to the Problem During aborted Win installation Windows came to be partially installed in TWO partitions. Can't delete the failed one.

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Hi Gwyllum,
 
·        Does it say “System Reserved partition” on the “small partition now of 99 megs” that you are referring to?
·        Where do you see this partition (Windows Explorer or Disk Management)?
·        Is it the “windows.old” directory which you are referring to?
·        If so, have you backed up all data from the folder?
 
The 100 MB System Reserved partition is used primarily as BitLocker partition for BitLocker encryption.
Additionally, it also holds the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) and boot files with boot manager for booting up the computer for troubleshooting
when there is no Windows 7 installation DVD disc on hand.
 
Important: Before you use Disk Cleanup, make sure that all of your files and settings are in Windows 7 where you expect them to be.
Deleting the Windows.old folder can’t be undone.
 
Step 1: Refer to the following article to remove the windows.old folder.
How do I remove the Windows.old folder?
 
Step 2: If you are still unable to delete the files\folder, then try doing it from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRe).
To do so, follow these steps.
 
a.       Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
b.      Use the arrow keys to choose Repair your Computer in the Windows Advanced Boot Menu Options and then press ENTER.
c.       Select Command Prompt from the System Recovery Options.
d.      In the command prompt shell type “notepad” (without quotes) and press Enter.
e.       Now click the File menu from the menu bar and click “Open”.
Navigate to location and delete the file.
 
Regards,
Syed N – Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Tweak IE Options
  • Open Internet Explorer.
  • Go to "Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab".
  • Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions".
  • Click "Apply".
  • Reboot your computer.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: During aborted Win installation Windows came to be partially installed in TWO partitions. Can't delete the failed one.:

 

 

How to Fix During aborted Win installation Windows came to be partially installed in TWO partitions. Can't delete the failed one. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: How To Restore Office 2007 With My Product Key After Updating From Vista To Windows 7,Windows 7 Backup Error Code 0X8100002F,Issue With Network Connection Getting Disconnected Randomly And Receive Error Message "DNS Server Is Not Responding".,Hotmail Sign In Says"password Incorrect" But It Is Correct,Classpnp.sys Issue - Need Recovery/reinstallation Disk,Windows 7 Does Not Load, Have To Restart Explorer.exe,Making Database Report With Three Databases. I Have Done This Before But It Was In 2005.,After Upgrading To Internet Explorer 9, Now Using Internet Explorer 8 My History Shows Sites I Didn't Access And Have Random Add-ons Installed,How Do I Know The Aero Effect Is Working In Vista,I Copy And Paste From Facebook Messages And Want To Make A Diary Which Program Would Be The Best Solution.
Read More: Solution to Error: Window experience index crash,How can I set a formula or a function to a cell like below ,[Solved] Runtime error - when waking up the PC from Hibernat,Fast Solution to Problem: i've connected my phone to laptop for running internet on it. but it is running slow and my web browser is not responding.,How to Fix Problem - my folders and pictures and email messages won't come?,How to unlock a Word 2010 form using Word 2007,how to fix runtime error(at 210:1138),waiting for background programs to close,marvell avistar wireless composite device adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems,Help with password protected file

No comments:

Post a Comment